Friday, September 22, 2017

RSC17 week 38

NO MORE WALKING FOOT

For two weeks I have been using my walking foot for stitching, quilting and binding two quilts.  Finally they are FINISHED.  I was so happy today to reinstall my trusty 1/4-inch foot and get back to piecing again!

Here in Wisconsin we are in the middle of another heat wave, hopefully the leftover of the summer.  So the best thing to do on days like this is to get working on more piecing.   I was finally able to put together my orange Folded Box block, which sure is nice and bright. 


I think one more in pink will complete my set for the rainbow.  They are 12-inch blocks and will make a nice lap quilt. I haven't taken the whole group out to check on them, don't know if I will use sashing or not.  That will take some very pleasant planning, and I love to plan projects.

I had a lovely long chat on Messenger with Kate of Smiles with Kate.  She has the cutest Northern England accent and had just returned from a vacation getaway in Scotland.  No outside contact for an entire week.  What a lovely thought!

Since the quilt I just finished is mostly pink, I'm going to give you a peek at the backing/binding and a bit of quilting.  The finish can wait until October, when it will be collected for Project Linus.  


One  more week of orange and I have  the two Geese Migration blocks to get done and whatever else comes along.  I did attempt to enter my Summer quilt of Kaffe Fassett precuts in the Bloggers Quilt Festival.  However, my notorious difficulties with linking up caused the poor Linky to reject me over and over.  So here is the best photo of my favorite quilt on my double bed.


Happy bright and sunny orange days to all of you this week.  

I am linking up with
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at





14 comments:

  1. Paula, your Kaffe Fassett quilt is wonderful! I'm slowly collecting his fabrics too, but don't have nearly enough for a quilt yet. I love the riot of colour; everything so over-the-top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you couldn't link up your beautiful Kaffe quilt because everyone should see it! Love your orange block, too. It's so nice to be almost done, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your folded box block looks great! Looking forward to seeing that one come together. So sorry you could not get the kinky to work. The quilt festival has been so much fun. Lots of great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your folded box in orange, Paula! Looking forward to seeing your collection of those blocks. I am happy to see your Kaffe quilt again, and sorry you couldn't link up to the Festival. That can be so frustrating! All your RSC friends will enjoy it today, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see all your folded box blocks together! And your Kaffe quilt always makes me smile. You could post a picture of it every week and I would never tire of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the block in orange! I can't wait to see all the blocks together - that is going to be one gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the Kaffe quilt turned out - it must make you smile every time you look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful folded box block! That's going to be a fun quilt. Too bad about not being able to link with the BQF. I agree with the others that your Kaffe quilt ought to be seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that bright ORANGE block for the RSC!! Best of luck with your various other projects, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your folded box block is a great design. Shows off the lovely oranges well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing your Kaffe quilt again. It sure is pretty. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love your folded box block. I'll have to remember that one (because I just can't start one more project until I finish something. Sorry about the linky problem. I don't blog, so these kind of issues are beyond me, but I do like your Kaffe quilt. I don't have enough of his fabrics to do a whole quilt with yet.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your folded block in orange Paula, you are so good with colour. It was lovely chatting and I feel so much better now, thank you for listening.

    ReplyDelete