Friday, April 13, 2018

RSC 18 week 15

BLOOPER AND FINISH

This week was sort of a stop and start period.  I was working on quilting on my pink Project Linus quilt. My shoulders would get so sore I would have to limit my sessions to one or two lines of quilting.  Then came the binding.  I'm lucky to have almost two yards of a very adaptable fabric, irregular stripes of several colors.  It seems to blend with so many fabrics, so I'm going to keep it for binding.  


So by fits and starts I finished the quilt today, after breaking four, yes four machine needles.  I finally found the cause today when I found a loose screw, causing the needles to bend and snap.  Fortunately I had plenty of spares.  

Here is my finished quilt, all set to go to our guild charity day on May 14.  



Today I rushed to make a yellow Sawtooth Star block for my monthly RSC18 collection.  In my haste I did not check back on any of my other blocks, like the pink monkeys on the lime green, which I did last month.  So this is my blooper block.  Maybe I should give it a name sometime.



I guess it will go into my orphan block stash.  We never know when they might find a home.  

That's about it for news here.  I'm still waiting to see some actual green growth. I hard someone say they saw some tulip leaves popping up, but that's all.  I look forward to seeing lots of lovely quilts and maybe some pretty flowers from all of you.

Please visit other quilter friends at
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at
   soscrappy  and
Oh, Scrap! at 




14 comments:

  1. I love the stripes. I think it makes a great binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a "blooper" block, it looks pretty good! And the pink quilt is very nice, too. Good thing you found the cause of all those broken needles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That binding fabric is so awesome! And perfect! As for the blooper block, perhaps it will make a good label? Or one of those intended mistakes I hear old timey quilters made to make sure God knew they were humble?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You changed the colors place and a new look for a traditional block. I like the X star you made. The charity quilt will warm and put smiles on someone's face. Great Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that binding fabric, too - it looks like a great find and useful for many scrap quilts. Your blooper block could make a wonderful design if you put it with others made the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that binding fabric and the blooper block, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing your Donation quilt - it looks great. That's a lovely piece of binding fabric , it will finish many quilts beautifully. Loved the Star block. Had to look back at your previous posts to see why it was a "Blooper ". You must make more like this as they will make a great quilt in the future. "There is no such thing as a mistake, it's just a design opportunity!" was the mantra for British quilter Dorothy Stapleton.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you didn't do any damage with those broken needles! I'm always worried a sharp bit will fly out into my eye. That wavy stripe is one of those PERFECT binding designs. Congrats on getting it all sewn onto your PL piece for a fun finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a wonderful fabric for binding, and of course, I always enjoy a fussy cut Kaffe fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love a striped binding - especially for a kid's quilt. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are no such things as blooper blocks, only new pot holders. Or you could donate it to an event like our guild is hosting next month, Orphan Block Party. Happy yellow sewing in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great striped fabric for binding. Looks like it could work on lots of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet several of those cute blooper blocks would create an interesting secondary pattern! You ought to try it on paper. I love your finished quilt, but sorry to hear that the quilting bothers you so much. And that striped fabric is to die for!! Have a good week, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that binding fabric and the blooper block, too!!
    ทางเข้า D2BET

    ReplyDelete